Place: AES (Ground )
Dt : 21st June, 2016
Day : Thursday
- International yoga day (IDY) IS celebrated annually on 21st June Since its inception in 2015.
- This day was declared as IDY unanimously by the UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY.
- The idea of IDY was first proposed prime minister of India Mr. Narendrea Modi during his speech at the UNGA on 27th sept,2014.
“Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind & body; thought & action;restraint and fulfillment ; Harmony between man & nature; A holistic approach to health & well- being.
- To make students aware about the concept & importance of yoga in human life.
- To enculcate ancient practice in present generation.
- To develop the habit of meditation & yoga Aasans so they can meet to peace of mind.
- To make them aware about self (self understanding through yoga).
- To make students aware about the solutions of physical & mental disease through yoga.
- To teach them important of yoga in students life.
“In context to above objectives AES H has organized yoga day for students of STD 4 to 12 ( Gujarati & English medium ) & college section.
- Organised by:
- Handled by: Ms Archana (Sports teacher)
- Experts/conducted by:
- Organised for/ beneficiary: STD 4 TO 12 (English & gujarati medium)
- Markable presence of:
To clebrate Yoga day on 21st June, 3 days practice session was been organized where students learnt yoga “asanas” & “pranayam” from experts.
The celebration of IDY started with speechof Miss Archana who welcomed experts & president of AES, Education co-ordinator.
Experts started Yoga practice/ session with small speech to make students aware about the importance of Yoga in life.
- Yoga practice done for 1& half hour where teachers also participated.
- For proper instruction about asana & yoga practice some teachers & students seating arrangement was on stage.
- After Yoga practice small speech delivered by president of AES Chandrakant bhai Palan .
- At last Education co-ordinator congratulate all for successful celebration of IDY& motivate students for daily Yoga practice for development, health & peace of mind.